Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Arendal 1961 compared to… / Reply To: Arendal 1961 compared to…

Domagoj Kova
Community Member

Hi Humberto,

previously, I had only in-ceiling DLS speakers, something I got recommended in the store. Not sure about the exact model but the price range was around 300€ per speaker.

Then I got 1961 Bookshelfs and 1961 Sub 1S.

I was instantly blown away!

1961 Bookshelf is much louder, cristal clear, and I can hear so much more details on it. Sub is devastating the house. It is a special pleasure watching concerts with it, you have a feeling of being there.

I still use those DLS in the ceiling as a height/sorround, but I needed to increase the level on them to hear them  :)

I can imagine what a difference Towers would do :) Maybe in a year or two when kids grow a bit, it would be too dangerous at the moment, for speakers I mean :)

Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club