Homepage / Community / Technical questions / 1723 subwoofer 2v placement

1723 subwoofer 2v placement

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Hi!

have anyone tested and measured a dual 2v subwoofer setup? Where did you end up placing them? I had my svs pb16 ultras I opposing corners with very good results, but I have seen on YouTube that these doesn’t work that well in corners? Any opinions? Just received mine and I am about to set them up, so any input would be much appreciated:)

cheers😊😊

All replies (9)

Hans, start out with where the SVS subs are and then use REW to see if there are any nulls in the frequencies response. I placed my two subs up front on each corner and tuned them to get a tactical bass response between each sub. The opposite corner loaded sub is like a push pull technique and is great for multiple seating, if you’re the only person watching movies and listening to music then its really up to your ears on what configuration you want.

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Corner placement works well with these, just make sure you have some space between the driver and wall (at least 10cm).

Lukas
Customer Support

Hi Hans,

Corner placement is absolutely no problem. But every room is different, so try as many positions as possible and take your time.

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Thanks for your replies:)

my svs worked very well in the corners, but that does not mean these will right? It’s a totally different designed subwoofer. Luckily I have a lot of possible placements for the subs. So I guess I will just have to move them around and measure :)

Lukas
Customer Support

Yes, the placement of ports and drivers is different, so depending on your room it can have different results.

Have fun testing:)

Andrew Morrison
Community Member

I have one of mine at 75mm (i’ll move it)

but any reason why its a minimum of 100mm distance

Lukas
Customer Support

Hi Andrew,

It is more a rule of thumb. It really depends on your room.

We have customers with the driver smack against the wall with excellent results.

Try what works best in your room.

Andrew Morrison
Community Member

In my experience using REW if you put any Subwoofer in the same position, other than perhaps lower frequency and higher output, you will get exactly the same room response

so if you are considering adding another sub take the one you have and place it in the proposed position and measure it using REW and save the data

repeat with every proposed position

then use your original graph, along with the new measurements and using the REW alignment tool that will show you the room response you will get when you add additional subwoofers

the alignment tool is surprisingly accurate

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

I would really like to put my subs at 1/4 and 3/4 of the front because I prewired in the walls for subs there🙈🙈 but I ended up putting my SVS’s (which I just sold) in the right front corner and the left rear corner and got a really good response. So I guess I will end up putting the 1723 2v at the same spots. But I’m really considering buying 2 more subs 🙈 then the response would be terrific after Some REW measurements and eq and alignment with miniDSP. Then I might even get to put my front subs at 1/4 and 3/4 after all:o

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.