AVM70/90

Erick Msuya
Community Member

Hi everyone,

decided to start a thread for tips and tricks on ARC genesis calibration for the Arendal speakers.

Attached is my LCR readings.

Attachments:

All replies (7)

Those are very good readings Erick! I lan on grabbing the AVM-70 fairly soon here to replace my current Marantz AV8805.

Stefan R
Community Member

AVM 70/90 are great preamplifers which I can only recommend. I own a 90 that integrates my sub 1723 1S greatly. In my room ARC Gensis works far better than Dirac.

Please keep in mind, that the graphs above show the measurement of the Arendals in Ericks room. So it’s a combination of both room and speakers. It shows that the fronts need practically no correction above 200Hz, which is nice.

laurence-chan
Community Member

Erick, I take it from your profile that these sweeps are 1723 Monitor S THX for your fronts and 1723 Center S THX for your center?

Erick Msuya
Community Member

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yes that’s correct. And as Stefan mentioned, that’s how the speakers interact with my particular room. So results will vary. Movies and music sound great now.</p>

laurence-chan
Community Member

I’ll be running Dirac Live with my new Arendal setup as soon as I get the four 1723 Height S speakers I ordered last week before the price increase.  I’ve been breaking in the 1723 Towers/1723 Center/1723 Bookshelfs for about four weeks now, so I’ve been chomping at the bit to run Dirac.  My room has had minimal problems in the past with my previous speaker setups so I’m expecting something similar to your frequency response curves.

Sam Mallabar
Community Member

I would like to see more frequency response data from the Arendal community!

Jules Jeanselme
Customer Support

I have the AVM70 and I love it. I’ll try to share my frequency response later this week.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club