Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Buying a second subwoofer soon, which one?

Buying a second subwoofer soon, which one?

Daniele Ciccone
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I have a full set of 1723 speakers with the 1723 Subwoofer 1.5  in a dedicated Home Cinema.

In the near future I want to buy a second Subwoofer and my question is should I go for the equivalent sub the 1723 SUBWOOFER 1V or buy the big one 1723 SUBWOOFER 2V.

Will the 2V together with the 1.5 be a good idea?

Thanks in advance.

All replies (2)

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

If you need the same output from both subs, it will be easier to use a 1723 Subwoofer 1V. However, if you have them placed at different distances to the main listening position, it could mean that one sub has to work harder to achieve the right amount of bass in the listening position – so the answer is it depends. 1.5 together with any of these mentioned subs will work great from a sound perspective.

1723 Subwoofer 2V will just couple a little better to the room than the 1V will due to the dual driver configuration.

Roman Tissera
Community Member

I personally would stick with matching subs.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club