Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Feet on Subwoofer 2V

Feet on Subwoofer 2V

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Hi.

does anyone got any opinions on whether or not the standard feet on the Arendal subwoofers is good for decoupling the sub from the floor, or there will be something to gain in investing in ISO acoustics Gaia or something? I just bought the Gaia 2 for the towers, I haven’t set Hol the speakers yet, but have been told that they are good.

any input will be much appreciated:)

cheers

All replies (7)

KEVIN FONG
Community Member

I really don’t believe it will add anything significant as the opposing drivers doesn’t leave much cabinet resonance.

I still installed the Gaia ii feet though for aesthetics as they are better looking feet than what came stock. See photos. Installed on 1723 2s subwoofer

Attachments:
Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Thanks for your reply!

im considering buying Gaia for the subs too. But I need the Gaia 1 for that. And for 2 or 4 subs, that’s quiet an investment..

KEVIN FONG
Community Member

It’s a case of good enough from my testing. Honestly, even SVS soundpath isolation is overkill for this dual opposed subwoofer.

I also have a KEF KF92 of force cancelling dual opposed woofer design where the cabinet also does not transmit any vibrations. I replaced the stock feet with SVS soundpath and it made absolutely no difference in the quality of the bass from stock. The dual opposed design does not meaningfully benefit from better isolating feet. This was also the case with the Arendal 1723 2S.

The Arendal stock feet have a nice finish. The look of Isoacoustics GAIA is on another level though.

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Hmmm. Really no difference? Not even in measurements?

only downside to the stock feet is that there is impossible to get your finger underneath ?

KEVIN FONG
Community Member

If you add the GAIA feet, you’ll get enough clearance to barely fit a swiffer jet mop underneath for cleaning =)

Otherwise with the stock feet, you’re going to accumulate a caking of dust underneath over time.

chris-lukowski
Community Member

Kevin, what’s the exact ground clearance with the GAIA II’s? Website specs say height is 1.7″/43mm but that doesn’t seem to account for the upper threads and/or adjustable height.

KEVIN FONG
Community Member

@Chris: I will measure it for you once I get home.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club