All replies (9)

Lukas
Customer Support

Awesome setup Ricky!

Do you maybe have a picture of the complete front?

Glad that you are enjoying the sound.

Ricky Tan
Community Member

Here’s a shot of the front view, phone camera not so wide as the room depth is abit shallow. Thus cannot capture full width. Also shown another angle from sub perspective to seating area.

Due to layout constraints, I had to “hide” the subs behind the speakers

there are 3 in-walls behind the screen for LCR duties in home theatre mode/playback.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.
Lukas
Customer Support

Hey Ricky,

Since the room is so narrow, did you try the MBL for home cinema duties?

Ricky Tan
Community Member

Hi Lukas,

Yes, the MBL was previously used for both music and movies.
However it’s not ideal in terms sound integration.
Thus I switched to in-wall and all exact model. This makes the sound panning much seamless and the soundstage better centered to the screen.

I did mentioned in the survey it would be good to see in-walls models from Arendals.

Thanks OrionPax36 for the compliment.

Lukas
Customer Support

Thanks, Ricky. It would be interesting to hear a complete MBL surround system and how that works.

In-walls are definitely on our radar but not in the near future. We have other things in the works:)

Ricky Tan
Community Member

It would need a rather large room to setup an all MBL system.
I was using a Dynaudio center below the screen for HT config. It was clearly not ideal in terms of LCR matching and the below screen offset is too obvious as I am always drawn to the audion coming from below.

Therefore, I decided to build a structure to house in-wall from Focal – see attached picture.
This is how it is arranged behind the Acoustically Transparent screen.

On the Arendal 1723 Subwoofer 2S, I continue to be impressed.
The quick response for music is really good. There is no overhang and I could not detect any separation – ie integration is seamless to my ears!

I still need to tweak further on HT setup. I get good depth for the lows, I’m not able to recreate the mid-bass attack on subsequent calibration – ie on my initial calibration, I really like the tight mid-bass attack, however I had moved things around and now I’m not able to recreate that 1st impression.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.
Lukas
Customer Support

You definitely have a great system, and it’s great to hear that our 1723 Subwoofer 2S integrates well.
Setup and room acoustics will always have a big impact on sound and it sometimes takes a while to achieve the sound you are looking for. There is always something to improve:)

chris-g
Community Member

Nice Setup! and Enjoy those Arendal Subs

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club