Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Placement of 1723 HEIGHT S speakers in ATMOS configuration

Placement of 1723 HEIGHT S speakers in ATMOS configuration

carlos-gomez
Community Member

I’m replacing my SVS Prime Elevation speakers with Arendal 1723 HEIGHT S  speakers. The Prime speakers were not placed according to spec. Since they needed to be moved why not replace them with Arendal to match 1723 SURROUND S THX?

Given my room dimensions, an online program provided me with the location of the ATMOS speakers. I placed tape on the floor based on the program’s speaker recommendations. Their placement is a bit wider and closer to the MLP. It looks okay to my untrained eyes, but I prefer another voice other than the one in my head. Does this look reasonable given my room measurements and the slant of the 1723 Height S speakers?

Room Measurements are

Length 15′ 9 1/8″ or 189.125″

Width   11′ 6 7/8″ or 138.875″

Height    8′ 4 1/2″ or 100.5″

MLP to Screen 7′ 11 11/16″ or 95.579″

Ear Distance from Floor 3′ 10 7/16″  or 46.4375″

Online Program recommendations for ATMOS Speakers.

Front Atmos Speakers

Speakers should be located 4′ 5.05″ into the room from the screen’s wall with 5′ 10.41″ distance between the tweeters of each front atmos speaker

Rear Atmos Speakers

Speakers should be located 11′ 4.95″ into the room from the screen’s wall with 5′ 10.41″ distance between the tweeters of each front atmos speaker

Attachments:

All replies (23)

carlos-gomez
Community Member

NVM, after some measuring of speaker locations it’s best if I just place them on the front and rear wall as presence speakers.

laurence-chan
Community Member

I used a similar online speaker placement guide, but where it was suggested I place the Atmos speakers was impossible in my room.  I was listening to a YouTube video with a Trinnov representative, and he suggested leaving the height channels on the wall and buying wall mounts that aim the height speakers to the main listening area instead of just aiming straight forward and down.  So I now have mounts on order that will do just that, and four 1723 Height S speakers that should be shipping this coming week.

carlos-gomez
Community Member

Thank you for your response and suggestion.

I would like to see the wall mounts you mentioned and their use when you receive them. Pictures would be nice.

Again, Thank you.

Carlos, I went with in wall speakers angled at 15’ on axes to the listener.

Roman Tissera
Community Member

I have 1723 surrounds and I have no regrets.

laurence-chan
Community Member

I just received e-mails yesterday(Friday) that my four 1723 Height S speakers are on their way via FedEx Ground.  Expected delivery is this Monday, this amounts to 1 business day over the weekend for transit from Chicago to the Florida Panhandle area.  This will complete my 1723 series 7.x.4 speaker setup, so I finally will be running DIRAC Live in the near future, probably next weekend and thus hearing the full capability of these absolutely beautiful sounding and looking speakers.

carlos-gomez
Community Member

Received two boxes today, and perhaps the next two by Saturday.

carlos-gomez
Community Member

The mounts are imported? How do I order? thru Connolly Music CompanyEast Northport, NY 11731?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club