Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Arendal 1961 compared to… / Reply To: Arendal 1961 compared to…

Hello Humberto, if it were me I’d save up and get the XPA-5 GEN3 the reason is amplification. Not all receivers can handle the load of most speakers out there especially Arendal because of the 4Ohm loads they produce. The Andrew Jones speakers are great speakers but some may argue that they are not all that great because they are not fully amplifying them. Its the headroom in any HT that will make or break your speakers acoustics. For instance I’ve owned Klipsch speakers the RF-7ii and they needed a lot of power and a lot of room treatment in room, yeah it was a nightmare getting these tuned right. So its really up to the individual on what sounds good and what is needed to achieve great quality. Either way its a good choice 👍🏻

Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club