Homepage / Community / Technical questions / 1723 Surround Speaker Setup / Reply To: 1723 Surround Speaker Setup

Dan, Lukas has the proof in the pudding, its up to your judgement but its all about the placement of those massive surrounds. I personally leave the binding posts as is with the clamps in place. That gives me Angles in the surround as it could benefit in a more spacial sound. If your looking for direct sound coming from that speaker then take the clamps out and use just the two posts. My room is 25 x 15 and I place my surrounds and Back Surrounds accordingly as follow, surrounds I have then just about 105’ from my listening area and the surround backs I place them about 150’ and spaced about 3ft from the side walls and about 6ft in between from each speaker.

Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club