Homepage / Community / Ideas / Please bring back the 1723 stands / Reply To: Please bring back the 1723 stands

Joseph Tongret
Community Member

I had the same problem you have. I’m in the United States. I’ve purchased two different stands that both worked well for my 1723 Monitor. First, the Monolith by Monoprice steel stands. They come in 24″, 28″ and 32″ and they’re basically a cheaper clone of the Pangea stands. The top plate is only 8.5″ x 6″ but they’re very sturdy and hold well over the 75 lbs their rated for. They’re also pretty affordable, starting at $110 a pair on Amazon. The other set I purchased(and I like more) on AliExpress from a seller by the name of “Shunxin Audio Store” for roughly $300(half of which was shipping). You choose from multiple heights and top plate sizes. I went with 70cm height and 30cm x 35cm top plate. That’s about 27.5″ inches tall and 11.8″ x 13.8″ for the top plate. The only real criticism I could say is that the steel columns aren’t as heavy and thick as the Monoprice stand, but they’re still able to be filled with sand and they have no problem supporting the 60 lbs 1723 Monitor the last few months. I’ll attach a photo of them below for you. They did take about 6 weeks to arrive because they’re shipped by boat I believe from China, but the seller was top notch with constant communication and updates. Do keep in mind that the Arendal stands were only 20″ tall because they were angled back. I’ve found that 27″ is a good height for my seating since it’s not angled. I looked all over for stands in the US and it’s surprising that there’s almost nothing out there with large top plates and high weight capacity. I don’t have the tools or the skills to build some myself but I did get estimates from a few different people and it was going to be more than I wanted to spend. You can search Google for “Skylan Stands” and they offer wood built designs that would’ve worked for me around $600, which was cheaper than other quotes I’d had. I hope this is able to help you and good luck on your search. Enjoy your speakers!

Attachments:
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club