Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Class D Amplifier / Reply To: Class D Amplifier

Keith Luken
Community Member

I really was interested in Class D amps, but many are just using straight Hypex modules and not even implementing adequate heat sinks. Monolith Class D did at least add additional heat sinks. As much as I don’t want to deal with 95 pound amps the Monolith AB amps are at least ATI designed and built. They are tried and proven. Some say the class D Amos don’t have as much of a noise floor at higher frequencies. Also while SMPS power supplies have come a long way I decided to go with the Monolith 9X which will give me close to 300 watts on the front and 135 watts on surrounds at 4 ohms. The only Class D I was interested in wa the ATI one as it uses a linear power supply but is extremely pricey.

Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club