Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Monopole/Bipole/Dipole / Reply To: Monopole/Bipole/Dipole

Laurence Chan
Community Member

Your rooms symmetry lends itself to direct firing monopoles like the 1723 Bookshelf S THX for a main listening area/position, but you’ll need a wall mounting system that allows for a range of movement, and I’m not familiar with Arendal’s wall mount so another community member familiar with this will hopefully give their experience.   I don’t have mine wall mounted as I have a living room that is open to my kitchen, so my four 1723 Bookshelf S THX will be on 28in stands just a tad above ear level.  I’ll know more next weekend on their sound once I setup and connect all 7 of the speakers.  Positioning may take a week or two of tweaking to get the optimum positioning for the MLP and then after 50 hours of breaking-in all 7 speakers, I’ll then be running Dirac.  If you’re unsure on which way to go I’m positive Arendal’s sales/customer service can answer all of your questions and point you in the right direction, as Brandon did for me a few times before buying.  By the way Hans, nice dedicated room you have for your home theater.