All replies (20)

Lukas
Customer Support

@Mirko

I had a sub tower with 3×12″ woofers for many years, but only two subwoofers, placed correctly gave me the result I was looking for. Smooth frequency response and better seat-to-seat consistency.

Brandon
Customer Support

I agree with Lukas here a 1723 2V is monsterous by itself. Running it multi (if you have the space for it) would be mind blow and great response at the same time.

Would anyone in here really buy a 5K sub as that is exactly would it take to go bigger and “badder” than the 1723 2V.

Roman Tissera
Community Member

What would be interesting is if they do a bigger one, but go vertical to save space.

Brian Willig
Community Member

For me, I’m not super concerned about size of the woofer or the box. I have a room for my sound and can add large or small. I am “interested” in pressurizing into single digits with confidence and adding multiple subs (3 minimum) for a more even distribution of sound. I am in love with the Perlisten 212 and 215 subs. They really do hit the mark for me. So why don’t I own them (yet)? Price and they are not Arendal. It costs money to perform like 18 inch woofers yet be pleasing to look at with quality low frequency performance. To be honest, I’m not sure yet how much I would pay on top of the 2v to get that last few hz considering that content is limited and my room would need a total review to limit the rattle these frequencies cause… with really no audible sound. You can feel it and it’s awesome, but all I actually hear is things moving around and shaking in my room. I totally understand why you (Arendal) don’t have a speaker like this yet. Bottom line, a business needs to have products that will sell in volume so that the sku is profitable and we get to have Arendal around for decades! That said, I believe when a product like this becomes a viable business add, it will happen. Although it has been made clear nothing is in development at this time. So I’m about as mixed as Arendal, and the 2v is a beast. I can only dream of what my room would sound like if I had my three subwoofer locations with three 1723 2v’s, THEN, double it to stack another three on top for a total of 6. That would be 18000 in subwoofers, and that is about the cost of just 2 Perlisten 215’s. Or do I add 6 svs pb3000’s for 9000… the range is wild. Seems like Arendal being the middle of these options is the stretch fit that is realistic over time.

Luis Vazquez

Interesting opinions thoughts in this post… in my previous home with a larger / shared room, I had two 18″ sealed subs powered by two bridged Crown 2502 amps; therefore, a ton of power / headroom… it was plenty to pressurize the entire home.  Fast forward a decade and my current room is significantly smaller, yet its a dedicated space… I currently have two 1961 1v subs.  Going by memory, the dual 18’s hit harder and were felt while sitting in the MLP; however, I can honestly say that I have much cleaner and evenly distributed bass within my room now.  I may try a third sub in the rear of the room to provide additional impact, but as it is I’m more than satisfied with the quantity and more importantly the quality of the bass.

That being said… simply my humble opinion, not sure that Arendal needs to produce a larger sub than the 1723 2v as they are rather large / costly as it is and may limit proper positioning options.  It’s a touch decision for sure, but not sure something is needed.

TJB
Community Member

I’d settle for a nice hoodie with the Arendal logo on it to show up in the store though!

Luis Vazquez

@TJB same here… couple of t-shirts as well.

Dustin Ward
Community Member

I currently own a 5.2.4 arendal 1723 system with the .2 being PSA tv2112’s while I would say once you get in the 16”-21” range the boxes are rather large. Each room is different and while people may say a single or dual 2v subwoofer is more than anyone could need, that it is a beast etc that may be true but it is not the case for everyone’s room. I personally believe it’s all about getting the most performance out of the least surface area possible. For some of us the smaller of the sub options may not be the right choice which is why I have purchased PSA. I would have much rather had a much desirable looking smaller subwoofer taking up Less space if it was capable of giving me the output needed and as I stated 2tv2112’s while that may be crazy for some in my space it isn’t. If arendal competed in that market with JTR,PSA,GSG ETC I would 100% GO with arendal based on my current investment, aesthetics, build quality etc. maybe a tower that is capable of performing with 3-4 10” woofers or 3-4 12”s in a matching box similar to the 1723 line. I would without a dout purchase 4 of them. As I would have much better placement choices the aesthetics would be pleasing and would be great looking in the front and rear corners of a HT even if they were not capable of entering single digits. If they were capable from atleast 16hz up with good mid bass and 120db output im sure they would sale spending on pricing maybe $2500-5k range per SPK Maybe a series from lease performing to high performing. That’s my take the way these speakers were designed and how they look I believe a tower of power small-large would be a huge hit with the gloss and matte finishes and the 1724 arendal look with the arendal grill covers. and at very least if that were not a option maybe dual 15”s or a single 18-21” I would buy if my options were between arendal or the other few brands listed all though I feel a subwoofer tower would be much more appealing to a much larger audience both audio and HT enthusiasts ranging from entry and end game setups. Again I realize there may not be a huge amount of feedback on wanting or needing of a larger subwoofer I do feel that a large sum of people that do exist in that market are with other previous brands listed or are going with those brands for price-performance the only downside is they are not the greatest looking options if arendal entered this market it would be incredible and it would most certainly give the people atleast another option to choose from as well as giving the arendal name a bump in the top competing low end performing subwoofers which seems to always be a topic in the HT world.

Lukas
Customer Support

Thank you for your feedback, Dustin. We appreciate it.

We are still a young company so you never know what the future will bring.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.