Homepage / Community / Technical questions / 1723 Center S THX vs 1961 Center

1723 Center S THX vs 1961 Center

I posted a while back that I was saving up to get the 1961 series for a 5.1 setup (Towers, center, and bookshelfs (for surrounds)). These would be within my budget and because my home theater is in our living room the smaller footprint would be better for the WAF. I do listen to music but also do like watching movies. I was originally thinking of just going with the 1961 center but I have enough space to fit the 1723 Center S THX in the same space. I had seen a video review where it was mentioned that the 1961 center was not as strong so wondering if it would be worth it to stretch the budget for that upgrade? I can see from the info provided that it offers a lower extension but since I currently have dual SB3000s that will handle the low range is it even necessary to do that upgrade? I’m getting close to being able to purchase the system but wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with comparing the two to see if it would be worth it? I have also heard good things about the 1961 Center so maybe just overthinking it. Thanks!

All replies (15)

Ford Holt
Community Member

Sweet channel… you have yourself a new subscriber!

Hi Choon, not sure if you saw my latest video with my thoughts on the speakers but in answer to your question about how the 1961 towers integrate with the 1723 S center they do it really well. I say this in the video but it’s seamless when sound transitions between them and it’s almost like having a 1961 tower in the center.

roman-tissera
Community Member

As long as that stretch doesn’t break you financially than go for it.

Luckily Roman it did not, I actually ended up getting it and it’s been very worth it. Works great with the 1961 towers!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club