Homepage / Community / Technical questions / 1723 HEIGHT S as in ceiling atmos speakers

1723 HEIGHT S as in ceiling atmos speakers

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Hi.

Has anyone mounted a 1723 height S speaker in in the ceiling for atmos use? Any thought of that compared to actual in ceiling speakers from other brands? I’d like to go full Arendal, but I already have holes in the ceiling for a pair of atmos channels… Anyone got any input?:)

cheers:)

All replies (17)

Laurence Chan
Community Member

Thanks for the information Lukas, I’ll order those adapter plates this evening when I’m off work.  Have a great weekend!!!

Lukas
Customer Support

No problem. Just make sure they fit the spacing on the speaker. VESA100 is 100x100mm.

Roman Tissera
Community Member

I personally do have the larger 1723 surrounds as atmos, but I haven’t noticed a sound difference yet

Roman Tissera
Community Member

I am using 1723 surround for Atmos but not mounted to the ceiling because it was just too heavy.

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Laurence: did you ever mount them to the ceiling?

lucas:are you saying that you are able to mount the 1723s atmos speaker in the ceiling with the included hardware only?

Laurence Chan
Community Member

My speakers are out for delivery today, but I won’t be mounting on the ceiling.  I bought the K&M wall mounts and adapters for mounting on wall just under ceiling height.

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

What Lukas is referring to is that if you use any other mount than the included one, just make sure it has multiple points to screw it onto the ceiling with some space between them to avoid the speaker ripping the screws out of your ceiling. This will be individual, depending on what type of ceiling you have, if you mount it into a stud etc.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.