Homepage / Community / Showroom / Living Room Setup

Living Room Setup

Daksh Sharma
Community Member

Been really enjoying the Arendal Sound 1723 Monitor THX speakers in my 5.1.4 setup for Movies, Gaming and Music.

Amazing Sound, very Dynamic and easily fills up the living room which is also open floor leading to kitchen.

Just all around excellent speakers, value and enjoyment.

The Tech List:

AV Separate: Marantz AV8805A

Amp: pair of OSD XA 5180 (5 channel each)

TV: LG CX, 77 in OLED

Floor LCR and Back: Arendal Sound 1723 THX

Sub: Monolith 15inch THX

Height: Klipsch RPM-400M (4x. will eventually upgrade to matching Arendal)

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

All replies (8)

Lukas
Customer Support

Looks great. What stands are you using?

Daksh Sharma
Community Member

Monolith 24inch stands with sand in the columns. The base plate is on the smaller side but that can easily be fixed with some wood. Very solid, heavy duty.

For the center channel, its Sanus SFC18-B1 18in stand.

Lukas
Customer Support

Thank you. I am just collecting stand alternatives, the Monoprice was already on the list, but the Sanus not:)

Roman Tissera
Community Member

How does the Marantz sound with it? I personally have a Emotiva RMC-1

The difference is that the RMc-1 is fully differential and the the Marantz isn’t. I own the Marantz 8805 which is a great processor but I heard other processors sounding better.

Daksh Sharma
Community Member

Can’t speak a whole lot on the Marantz. I haven’t heard many to begin with. i had Denon AVR-X6700H before going the separate route. Denon sound great too. just had issues with pre-out on that so ended up selling and got the Marantz. It sounds great, i’ve been enjoying for stereo, movies, gaming and sounds great in all the format for the 4k blu-rays i have and some of the games have great audio in them like God of War. As i mentioned, can’t speak a whole lot since i haven’t had the chance of hearing other av processors products. I was looking at the RMC-1 but also wanted to just cover all the basis with audio formats and i don’t think RMC-1 has the Auro3D, not sure how big of deal that is, but just wanted to get something that covered all the basis and not have to keep checking out various other processor/separates. this hobby with very expensive and annoying when shipping stuff back within trail period or testing etc…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.