Homepage / Community / Ideas / Please bring back the 1723 stands

Please bring back the 1723 stands

Corey
Community Member

I really wish Arendal would bring back the 1723 monitor stands. Not many companies offer stands that are made for their large monitor speakers .. actually after Arendal the only other company I know of is Triad Speakers for their Gold in room LCR. It makes for such a cleaner look. It really was a shame when they discontinued them. Buying them used would be an option if I was in the EU. Still sad about missing out of them.

All replies (27)

Joseph Tongret
Community Member

I had the same problem you have. I’m in the United States. I’ve purchased two different stands that both worked well for my 1723 Monitor. First, the Monolith by Monoprice steel stands. They come in 24″, 28″ and 32″ and they’re basically a cheaper clone of the Pangea stands. The top plate is only 8.5″ x 6″ but they’re very sturdy and hold well over the 75 lbs their rated for. They’re also pretty affordable, starting at $110 a pair on Amazon. The other set I purchased(and I like more) on AliExpress from a seller by the name of “Shunxin Audio Store” for roughly $300(half of which was shipping). You choose from multiple heights and top plate sizes. I went with 70cm height and 30cm x 35cm top plate. That’s about 27.5″ inches tall and 11.8″ x 13.8″ for the top plate. The only real criticism I could say is that the steel columns aren’t as heavy and thick as the Monoprice stand, but they’re still able to be filled with sand and they have no problem supporting the 60 lbs 1723 Monitor the last few months. I’ll attach a photo of them below for you. They did take about 6 weeks to arrive because they’re shipped by boat I believe from China, but the seller was top notch with constant communication and updates. Do keep in mind that the Arendal stands were only 20″ tall because they were angled back. I’ve found that 27″ is a good height for my seating since it’s not angled. I looked all over for stands in the US and it’s surprising that there’s almost nothing out there with large top plates and high weight capacity. I don’t have the tools or the skills to build some myself but I did get estimates from a few different people and it was going to be more than I wanted to spend. You can search Google for “Skylan Stands” and they offer wood built designs that would’ve worked for me around $600, which was cheaper than other quotes I’d had. I hope this is able to help you and good luck on your search. Enjoy your speakers!

Attachments:
Keith Luken
Community Member

I am in the US and would love to see the stands come back as I like a tower look but with dual 18 inch subs not sure I need the low end of the 1723 towers but would love the Arendale stands so it gives that tower appearance. Will also make handling the speaker easier than dealer with 112 pound towers.

laurence-chan
Community Member

Their is also another Monoprice/Monolith stand that handles 75 lbs and has an adjustable top plate(12.0″ x 9.9″).  While they’re not in stock until Aug 2, I was going to use these if I went with the 1723 Monitor THX for fronts, but I went with the 1723 Tower THX.

Keith Luken
Community Member

Amazon has a Dayton Audio SSWB20 20″ Speaker Stand  that supposedly handles 100 lbs each. It comes with 2 top plates, Smaller: 9.25″ x 7.25″ Larger: 11.75″ x 9″ and they can be filled with sand/cat litter to stabilize them.

Erick Msuya
Community Member

I agree! I wish they will bring back the stands. Just ordered monolith 24 inch stands. Will update y’all on what I think about them.

Keith Luken
Community Member

My reason for wanting the stands is I don’t need the full towers as I have dual subs, but I have stuff behind my current towers that will be exposed with typical speaker stands. Having the Arendal stands gives the tower look and a nice full appearance.

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Hey guys,

We would have loved to keep the productions going on the stands. We also think they look great with the Monitor speakers. The problem is that too few want them, or think they are too expensive for what they are. I can totally relate to that as it does not really increase performance from a basic stand that costs way less.

neil-h
Community Member

I know if it were me and the stands no longer for sale, my mind would be racing around coming up with my own design and build them myself. I could see plasma cutting my own Arendal logo and welding it in as part of the structure. This would look awesome and be one of a kind. Great to post on the “showroom”. I do not have a need for stands myself but thought it would be a great project just for fun.

Keith Luken
Community Member

I have been debating either building my own (probably would not be pretty) or hiring a local carpenter to put something together.

Andrew Morrison
Community Member

I have 2 sets of stands and paid full price not the discounted price

Its not just the stand you also got a paint finish to match the monitors

a slight tilt back in the stand design

outriggers for stability

4 x floor spikes

4 x rubber cones

4 x floor leveling adjustment screws

1 x coupling plate plus screws

yes they were expensive but you have to pay for quality

as usually people want everything for free

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club