Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Monopole/Bipole/Dipole / Reply To: Monopole/Bipole/Dipole

laurence-chan
Community Member

Your rooms symmetry lends itself to direct firing monopoles like the 1723 Bookshelf S THX for a main listening area/position, but you’ll need a wall mounting system that allows for a range of movement, and I’m not familiar with Arendal’s wall mount so another community member familiar with this will hopefully give their experience.   I don’t have mine wall mounted as I have a living room that is open to my kitchen, so my four 1723 Bookshelf S THX will be on 28in stands just a tad above ear level.  I’ll know more next weekend on their sound once I setup and connect all 7 of the speakers.  Positioning may take a week or two of tweaking to get the optimum positioning for the MLP and then after 50 hours of breaking-in all 7 speakers, I’ll then be running Dirac.  If you’re unsure on which way to go I’m positive Arendal’s sales/customer service can answer all of your questions and point you in the right direction, as Brandon did for me a few times before buying.  By the way Hans, nice dedicated room you have for your home theater.

Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club