Homepage / Community / Hangout / Communication with others

Communication with others

neil-h
Community Member

I’ve never really been on a forum before joing Arendal and have a question and hope it is not out of place. Is there anyway to contact people outside the forum such as through email? Maybe it is not something people do on forums, I was just wandering. Maybe the forum moderaters can chime in.

All replies (10)

Lukas
Customer Support

Hi Neil.

Normally forums have a function for private/direct messages between users, but we do not have that at the moment.
It is also not your typical forum software that this is running on.

Is that something you would like to see added?

arkmann

Neil I’m on other forums and the only way I’ve seen people communicate outside the chat is when people agree to communicate off-line, usually when selling stereo equipment or items one-off.

neil-h
Community Member

Hi Lukas and Arkmann

Thank you for the feedback. The only way I would want this implemented, is if others wanted it as well. Personally, I wouldn’t have any issue conversing wiith people through an email. Maybe it could be beneficial at times to help each other out, even though this is not what motivated my question or any intention to circumvent anything from the forum. This is only my take. If others prefer not, no problem, I can understand the hesitation. It would be interesting to see how others view this subject.

Morten Saeij
Community Member

Like Lucas mentioned, usually forums have a direct messaging feature. It’s a nice to have, and easier to discuss things one on one then sharing e-mail adresses. I wouldn’t share my own e-mail adress in a public post to get started.

arkmann

Morten agree the direct messaging feature is a great idea.  Don’t want to post my email address online.  Useful for one on one conversations like when selling gear etc.

Ramón T.
Hero

For a long time I have been using Telegram groups or channels more, the forums in Spain are a bit obsolete in my opinion

neil-h
Community Member

Hi Lukas

Just as an example of ways to communicate directly is a member named Rob. He is looking for brackets to hold his speakers in place. This would be a good way for other members to help him out, that is of course if people would want to. I for one would be glad to. Not pushing anything, again just an example.

Lukas
Customer Support

But why do you want to have the conversation private? Others could also benefit from the insights of others.

neil-h
Community Member

Hi Lukas

I think your missing my intention. If someone needs something they cannot find in their location, maybe someone else has access to it and can send it to them. Maybe someone has no use for something someone else does and can pass it on. As in Rob’s case, I do metal work, so maybe I could make him brackets to fulfill a need. It’s not about keeping info away from anyone on the forum, there’s just no way for two people helping each other as in the examples given. As I had mentioned initially, forums are new to me. If this is not a normal way of communicating with others, no problem, lets leave things as they are.

Lukas
Customer Support

Ahh okay, that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.
I think direct messages between users can make sense in an upgrade. I will talk with our developers.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club