Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Mix 1723 1s with 1723 sub1

Mix 1723 1s with 1723 sub1

Xavier L.
Community Member

Hello,

I was thinking of buying a pair of 1723 1s for my home theater room of 4m x 7.5m x 2.4m (approx 75m³) because I both listen to music and watch movies and saw that these models could go low enough for rumble etc while still being a perfect match for music.

However today a friend proposed to me to have his 1723 sub 1 as he wants to upgrade to a 2V.

From what I saw the main difference between the 1S and sub1 seems to be in the low range of frequency; it seems that the 1s is much more powerful in this area.

In case I take his sub1, would it be ok if I combine it with a 1723 1s (using audissey room correction with a denon AVC) or it would be better to have both the same, meaning two sub1? In that case, would two sub1 be powerfull enough for the tactile feeling and rumble with the low frequency in my room or for that I would really need two 1S?

Thank you in advance!

All replies (1)

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Hello Xavier,

The new 1723 Subwoofer 1S does have significantly more output in the lower region compared to the Legacy 1723 Subwoofer 1.

Generally, it is easier to calibrate two identical subwoofers, but done right, you will have better sound by going with the new Subwoofer 1S and a Legacy Subwoofer 1 vs going with dual Legacy models, as the newer subwoofer has better performance in the deep bass like mentioned, but it also has an even better impulse response.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club