Homepage / Community / Ideas / Packaging Material Use

Packaging Material Use

Daksh Sharma
Community Member

In an effort to clean up the looks a bit. I was able to temporarily use the packaging material from the box to use them as speaker stands. will eventually build out some stand that blends well but for now, it gets the job done. Also gives it a a cinema style speaker look. not noticeable when watching movies with lights off.

Attachments:

All replies (8)

Luis Vazquez

Nothing wrong with that idea… I used the boxes from my towers to place my surrounds speakers on until I mounted them to the wall.

Ben Salfarlie
Community Member

Hi Daksh. Great idea placing the speakers on top!

Some customers have opted to do this with our 1723 subwoofers too. It gets the job done and saves space.

Be sure to send in a photo of the built stands once you have completed them, I’d be interested to see the finished product.

Daksh Sharma
Community Member

Hey Ben,

Hopefully i can get that project started soon. I gotta build out some acoustic panels and will build those stands at then. just a matter of time. Will surely update and provide some pic when all that is started and finished :D

Luis Vazquez

@Daksh hope all is well… any progress on the stands and acoustic panels?

Daksh Sharma
Community Member

@Luis Vazquez not yet. i have the board/lumbar or stud piece that i ended up getting from my neighbor, haven’t had much time to cut them for usage and need to get a proper work bunch so i can do some angle cutting to match the edges of the speakers. But i will build it out and post some pics. for the acoustic panels am still trying undecide on what of the many wallpapers i have to turn in to a acoustic fabric cloth maybe something from here: https://myfabricdesigns.com/ but havent decided on what to use for initial test that would match well in the space. thanks for checking in on this.

Luis Vazquez

@Daksh no problem… as I fully understand how projects slip due to things getting in the way; especially when trying to make a decision.  I too considered using movie posters and such for my acoustic panels and could never make a decision, so I eventually asked my wife and daughter for help.  They convinced me to go with two shades of gray fabric from GOM.  Once ordered and the panels were installed, I was extremely happy with their choices.  Feel free to post some poster options, maybe you just need a little help in making a decision.

Attached are the two colors we ended up ordering…

https://www.guilfordofmaine.com/swatches/2100-238

https://www.guilfordofmaine.com/swatches/2100-795

Attachments:
Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello @dashatrix !

A fairly easy way to get a smooth 45° angle (if that’s what you’re going for), is to use a hand router with a 45° angle bit. It will produce quite a bit of dust, but the result will be really clean. Designs on acoustic panels can look really awesome, but the route @Luis has taken will also look very clean.

Neil H
Community Member

Darshan, never thought of that one but great temporary solution. Show us some picture when you build your stands.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.