Lukas
Customer Support

Hi Chris,

The hole diameter is 6.8mm.

Attachments:
Gunnar Aasen
Customer Support

Hello Chris,

We recommend maximum M6 for the screws to the wall for these.

More details are available here.

Please let me know if you have additional questions, thank you!

chris-lukowski
Community Member

Thanks! Sounds like I would be able to use up to 1/4″ US which is 6.35mm diameter, which is what these SnapToggles use. They’re rated for 265lbs in 1/2″ drywall so it SHOULD be able to handle a 30lb surround speaker. The issue is I have to align them on opposing partial walls that open in different directions and there isn’t much parallel overlap, and no place where a stud can be used that will accommodate the full width of the speaker.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/TOGGLER-10-Pack-Assorted-Length-x-1-4-in-Dia-Toggle-Bolt-Drywall-Anchor-Screws-Included/3183831

Attachments:
Lukas
Customer Support

What speakers are you trying to mount?

Maybe a custom solution would be better, where you have tilt and swivel?

chris-lukowski
Community Member

1723 S Surrounds for my 5.1 bed layer. Really want them flush mounted without a thick bracket.

Lukas
Customer Support

The side placement is not optimal but can work.

An alternative could be to mount them on the back wall.

Before mounting I would test both options.

chris-lukowski
Community Member

Unfortunately that rear wall is a no-go, even for 7.1 back surrounds. In between the swing path of the entry door and the staircase is a wall mounted coat rack, and I don’t want bed layer rear surrounds mounted 7’ off the floor. Especially if I’m going to put in 4 overhead Atmos speakers. There’s also a long table behind the back of the couch where the green arrows are so stand mounted is out there too.

Lukas
Customer Support

Oh okay, you’re right, that makes no sense. Side placement it is then.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club