Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Anyone using tube amp with 1723 thx towers

Anyone using tube amp with 1723 thx towers

Chris Grillo
Community Member

I have a wilsenton r800i tube intergrated amp which uses a 805 tube 48 Watts with 4 and 8 ohm taps. Been thinking about purchasing a pair of 1723 thx towers .some reviews have suggested that tubes work well. But reading through this forum No one seems to use tubes with reletivly low watts. I also know Driving speakers is about current but there are no numbers or calculations ,or most amplifiers. Don’t really want to bring the speakers in my home to try them unless some people have some experiences with tube amps. Thank you in advance

All replies (2)

Luis Vazquez

I’ve heard Arendal speakers with a tube preamp and solid state monoblock amps; the combo put a smile to my face.  However, a tube integrated or separate amp, sorry, I haven’t had that opportunity.

That being said… check this video out:

Lukas
Customer Support

As always, it really comes down to your personal preferences.

If you listen in a smaller space, sit close to the speakers, do not need high volumes, and maybe only listen to singer-songwriter music, you will have no issues with even 10 Watts.
You decide how much power you really need.

In most cases, 50 Watts should be enough, but in a big room with higher volumes, you will reach the limit quickly.
That will be the case with most similar Tower speakers today.
You would need to get a totally different, big construction with much higher sensitivity to counter that.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.