All replies (9)

mikkel-winther
Community Member

It would be great if they communicated what will be replacing them. Instead of this empty messaging.

I don’t want to buy discounted 1961 speakers, if the same amount of money could get me whatever they are replacing instead.

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Hey guys,

Our 10-year warranty remains unaffected by the retirement of the series. We will of course stand behind that.

The messaging may sound a bit vague, but only because we can’t be too direct at this point as things may still change. What I can tell you is that there will not be an immediate direct replacement of our 1961 series.

Ramón T.
Hero

Let’s hope the change is for the better, which will be complicated with a series that works very well.
I have ordered two pairs of 1961 bookshelf to use as Atmos in combination with the 1723 series, I hope the timbre does not change much

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

I think you will find that they blend very well, Ramón.

mikkel-winther
Community Member

Will the 1961 wall mounts also be back in stock to buy, or is there a recommended alternative to pick up elsewhere for ceiling mounting the height speakers?

(also, will the 1961 subwoofers stick around?)

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello Mikkel,

The wall mounts are unfortunately all out of stock. Any VESA100 compatible mount that also supports the weight of the speaker will work perfectly fine. We have some recommendations with tilt/swivel functionality that can be found in this article.

The 1961 subs will remain and are not going anywhere!

Luis

Thanks for commenting that Arendal will stand behind the 10 Year Warranty!!   That’s great news for sure!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club