Homepage / Community / Showroom / A little update from my basement

A little update from my basement

Here’s a quick update from the basement that I need to finish. It will be a full 1723 THX Atmos setup. Only non Arendal (for now) is RSL in ceilings (would happily change to Arendal in the future if they ever decide to make in ceiling) and a pair of JTR subs that I think I’m going to replace with Arendal soon. I flopped ideas back and forth with projector vs TV, ended up with a 83” Sony A90j.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

All replies (6)

arkmann

Awesome love the all the black.  Will look great watching TV. Enjoy!

Chad F
Community Member

Very nice setup!  You have plenty of wall space as well if you decide to go with a larger screen later (projector etc).

– Chad F.

Fernando Ayllón
Community Member

It looks promising. More pictures please!

Thoughts on treatments?

Thanks! I will get some more photos soon and treatments are definitely in the plans for the finalized room. Corner bass traps, side panels and clouds. The room is a 14 wide, 9 high and 14 deep and then opens up to a larger basement on the backside

Fernando Ayllón
Community Member

Seems like part of my message did not go through. I was saying that I won’t get rid of those JTR (2400?). The Arendals will be more of a side step at best, in my humble opinion. If possible, keep the JTRs and get two more Arendal if you want…4 subs is always better than 2 ;)

laurence-chan
Community Member

Agree with Fernando, those JTR Captivator 2400, while not having app control, are probably a step above.  If you want an easy integration two more JTR’s would be the smart move and with 4, 1 in each corner would make your low frequencies absolutely seamless and most likely without any room nodes.  I’d bet a miniDSP or DLBC would do wonders.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club