Homepage / Community / Showroom / First of Two Deliveries Arrived Yesterday

First of Two Deliveries Arrived Yesterday

laurence-chan
Community Member

Pair of 1723 Tower THX and 1723 Center THX arrived on a pallet by FedEx Freight yesterday evening.  Cut the shrink wrap off and used a hand truck to make three trips in through the garage, at 112 lbs I definitely need it.  Hopefully the four 1723 Bookshelf S THX make it tomorrow before the weekend begins.  Not sure why I’ve read that the tweeters are a bit harsh out of the box, but coming from Klipsch Legends, the tweeters to me sound quite crisp without a harshness.  This front stage sounds fantastic out of the box!!!

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

All replies (24)

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Fantastic:) congratulations with your new setup.:) waiting on my speakers as well;)

laurence-chan
Community Member

Thanks Hans, the waiting was tough but my remaining four 1723 Bookshelf S  THX speakers finally made it yesterday afternoon.  The delivery was supposed to be this coming Monday, but FedEx was able to move my remaining speakers through their system a business day early.  I’m grateful to FedEx because I will be out of town on a business trip next week and would not have been home on Monday.  I have already unboxed the 1723 Bookshelf THX speakers and hooked them up, they sound superb as back/side surround channels and complete the seemless voicing around me for movies.  Hopefully your wait is not much longer!

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Enjoy!

looking forward to hooking up all my new equipment! New processor, new power amps, new tv, new speakers and new seats:o

laurence-chan
Community Member

Hooking up everything is half the fun and quite gratifying, it will be happening before you know it!  Which processor, power amps and TV are you going to be using?

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

So true. Looking forward to it!

I will be using an Anthem AVM 70 processor, a Emotiva Xpa-Dr3 for the lcr, and two xpa-5 for the rest:) I will be using a 85 inch 8k tv, top of the line..🙈

laurence-chan
Community Member

Once you have everything hooked up I’ll be curious to hear about your results with ARC.  I’m using Emotiva power amplifiers as well, an XPA-7 with four of their PA-1 class D amps for the my height channels.  The Emotiva transparent/neutral sound is a perfect match with the Arendal speakers.  Like you I’m thinking of adding the XPA-DR3 for the LCR. Sounds like you’ve got an awesome setup and can’t wait to hear about it once you’re ready to fire it up!!!

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

Will do!!

I’ve heard a lot about ARC, and it should be really good now, compared to how it was when the avm70 was released! I’ll keep you posted!!

Keith Luken
Community Member

@Laurence C  glad you don’t feel the tweeters are bright since you came from Klipsch. I have Klipsch RP line and while they have tamed the horns a little they are still very bright and top heavy. I had read a few reviews that indicated the 1723 might be a little bright. I like crisp tight sound top to bottom.

laurence-chan
Community Member

The soft dome waveguide tweeter may be a little bit bright, but a horn it is not.  Personally I now have about 40 or so hours on these speakers and I’m thinking the tweeters have smoothed out a bit.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club