Homepage / Community / Hangout / Lights synced to the action on the screen.

Lights synced to the action on the screen.

Ben Salfarlie
Community Member

Hi everyone,

A friend of mind has just installed ‘ambilight’ around for his 5.1 home theater setup in his family room so the action on screen is synced to strategically placed lights around the room. He gave me a demo while his playing PS5 and I did find it engaging. Has anyone had experience with this?

Is it a Hit or a Miss?

All replies (5)

Luis

It’s no go for me… not a fan as I find it distracting.  If you like it, go for it!!

Ben Salfarlie
Community Member

Hey Luis,

This weekend I took the plunge and bought x2 play bars and the sync box by Philips. I’m not sure how I feel about them yet. In certain scenes, they work great but in others, they can be distracting I might just use them for gaming and ambient room lighting.

Ben Salfarlie
Community Member

Hi Laurence,
This is awesome! Thanks for sending it.

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

I think it looks kind of cool in the background, but I don’t feel like it adds much to the content itself.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club