Homepage / Community / Hangout / Total Eclipse – Anybody Else In The Path Of Totality?

Total Eclipse – Anybody Else In The Path Of Totality?

Michael-B
Community Member

Here in western NY, total eclipse on Monday… IF the friggin clouds don’t ruin it. Anybody else in the path of totality? It might be decent weather here. Fingers crossed since it will be around 350 years until this area gets another total eclipse. Also, I have put together a decent eclipse playlist.

Attachments:

All replies (14)

Luis

Unfortunately we’ll only see a 56.1% partial eclipse, but we have a couple of friends who are traveling to relatives that are in the path.  Plan is for them to stream video feeds from cameras and telescopes… fingers crossed it works out.

For those interested, you can visit this link to enter your zip code to understand your viewing:

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2024/04/03/solar-eclipse-florida-enter-zip-code-peak-coverage-exact-timing-start-end/73178619007/

arkmann

Yes I’ll be in Vermont for an eclipse party.  It’s supposed to be good weather for viewing.  The next one isn’t for another 55 years around here.  I’ve got my eclipse viewer.  Everything under the sun is in tune but the sun will be eclipsed by the moon.

Michael-B
Community Member

Cool. Hopefully we all get some clear skies around the time of totality. Every time I check the weather it says something different

Hoi Au
Community Member

I’m in Rochester, NY. We are not sure whether or not to take the day off from work amid the chaos.

Michael-B
Community Member

Bemus Point, NY, and the wife & I are definitely taking the day off. If nothing else have some beers and swear at clouds I guess ;)

arkmann

Hoping for good viewing weather for Monday.  The payoff for all the lousy weather we’ve been having.  Will be great to see the stars come out in the middle of the day.  Be sure to get the safe viewing glasses.

Michael-B
Community Member

I know, we barely had any snow this winter, and it snowed yesterday. In April. Supposed to snow overnight too. But 60 or so on Monday.

arkmann

Heading up to Burlington, Vermont for the eclipse viewing tomorrow.  Thinking about an eclipse playlist to add to Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon.  Any suggestions?

Attachments:
arkmann

Beautiful day in northern Vermont.  Clear blue sky.  Perfect weather for safely viewing the eclipse.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club