Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Should I consider mixing full-size 1723 Monitors with the smaller 1723 Center S?

Should I consider mixing full-size 1723 Monitors with the smaller 1723 Center S?

chris-lukowski
Community Member

Due to my space limitations the 1723 Center S is the largest speaker I can consider putting in that position. However, would there be any downside for opting for the full-size 1723 Monitors for Left and Right? I’m leaning towards running all the LCRs sealed to minimize wall clearance issues and will always be using an integrated sub (no 2-channel listening). I’m thinking that even if crossed over at 60-80Hz the 8″ drivers will provide more of an impact, but let me know if I’m mistaken and there isn’t any justification for going for large woofers when they will always be crossed over at that point. Also in case it matters my surrounds won’t be larger than the 1723 Surround S. L/R are the only positions I have where going larger is an option.

All replies (2)

brian-w
Community Member

Chris, such a good question! I don’t have your specific answer but I look forward to reading other opinions/answers.

I can share that I have the 1723 thx towers, 1723 center, 1723 side surround, but used the 1723s surrounds for my surround backs. I chose the smaller surround backs due to a walk way in the rear of my space.

If I could redo, I would stay with the 1723 surrounds in my back channels to keep them all the same. The difference is very small, but there is a difference.

My uniformed thought on the center/l&r situation of yours, keep them the same. Any difference in performance might stand out, and you might be better off with consistent sound.

I look forward to reading other thoughts!

Brian

Luis

Hey Chris… have you considered the size difference?  I think you’re setup is in a mix use room, so they may look out of place and or stand out too much.  I thought you already purchased speakers… is there something that your current Arendal’s aren’t providing?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club