Homepage / Community / Showroom / 1723 Surrounds Monopole for front stage

1723 Surrounds Monopole for front stage

• I started my Arendal sound journey with 1961 Monitors for LCR in my living room, and was very happy with the results, so much so that I purchased some 1723 Monitors for my garage (no space/less esthetics constrains) and was very impressed with the 1723’s. Therefore I started thinking about how I could get 1723 performance in my living room without having to give up my sleek on wall solution.

I was in contact with arendal support and inquired about using 1723 Surrounds in monopole mode for LR channels. In would not notice a great difference between the 1723 surrounds and 1961 monitors, mostly likely the greatest difference would be in tweeter detail.

I got a hold of the full size 1723 surrounds and the 1723S surrounds. The full size ended up being too large esthetics wise so ended up with the 1723S for my front L and R channels. Too me this setup is an upgrade so very happy and can recommend it!

Results

-Gave up all matching LCR, as I still have 1961 center channel, does not bother me and I can’t tell audibly

-The tweeter on the 1723 appear to give a wider sweet spot for seating positions, if that is the different waveguide or magnet of the tweeter, I’m not sure, but was noticeable right away. The tweeter also sounds more detailed to me.

-Bass/midbass, can’t tell a difference really, crossed over at 70Hz at this time with my 1723 1S sub.

DIRAC live with bass control really helped integrate all my channels (5.1.2) especially my L channel appeared to have some strong reflections coming off the side wall du to close proximity. DIRAC appears to have fixed this! (Well to my ears at least)

Now the setup is

AVR : Denon AVC X3800H with DIRAC full frequency and Bass control bundle

L R: 1723S Surrounds on wall in monopole mode

C: 1961 CenterSR

SL: 1961 Height

TM: Dali K-60 LP in ceiling

Sub: 1723 1S

Oh and yeah, 1723 Monitors for LCR and 1723 Surrounds (that were too big for my living room) ended up in my garage, they sounds epic for atmos mixed music, the front stage ported as I don’t have a sub, but for music it is just what I was after (powered by a denon x2600h)

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

All replies (5)

arkmann

Great looking setup and a beautiful room.  Congratulations!  Enjoy!

Palmspar
Community Member

A very clean room indeed, enjoy!

Jules Jeanselme
Customer Support

Nice setup Joachim.

Very clean work on hiding all the cables.

johan-svedjefalt
Community Member

Super clean! I love it. True Scandinavian, hahah.

best

Johan

Don
Community Member

Great looking space with wood burning heat source looks so cozy in photos. Never would have thought to use surounds for lcr , thanks for sharing 👍

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club