Toe in

johan-svedjefalt
Community Member

i everyone!

I have been testing different placement for my 1723 s bookshelves and it really suprised me how the sound stage changed with placement.In my old house it wasnt that importatant, but here in my new home, its very important. The speakers are now placed so they almost  are facing a little out wards. Almost. And the soundstage became huge!

Best

Johan

All replies (4)

arkmann

Johan,

Thanks for your post.  Agree that speaker placement can have a major impact on the sound from my experience.  As you noted it depends on the room.  I have adjusted my 1723 towers over time.  Both straight out to different degrees of toe in.  Each adjustment made a difference.  I Find it’s one of the fun aspects of this hobby.  Enjoy!

Don
Community Member

Hello Johan ,

Can I ask how big your room is? I’m in a relatively small room, eleven feet by seventeen feet. I’ve been pretty happy with the sound so I haven’t experimented too much with toe in and toe out but I am curious.

laurence-chan
Community Member

Good insight Johan!  I have four of these for my back & side surrounds and have them directly aimed at the MLP.  In my situation I have the tweeter line  about 12 in above, so yes positioning is key with these speakers.  If you haven’t, you should listen to Erin’s YouTube review, very informative.

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/arendal_1723_thx_s/

Michael-B
Community Member

I was surprised just how big a difference it made adjusting the angle of the L/R speakers too. Made a dramatic change in the bass.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club