Homepage / Community / Technical questions / What AV receiver and amp are the near best match for the 1723 in a 7.2.2 set up

What AV receiver and amp are the near best match for the 1723 in a 7.2.2 set up

George Williams
Community Member

I have ordered 1723 tower and centre speakers. I am curious to know if anyone has come across to have a perfect match to handle the 1723 tower speakers and surround. For my previous Klipsch set up I had Yamaha 2070 along with Emotiva  Bas XA3 and I always felt my centre speakers are weak and the dialogues have no theatrical style base or punch.

All replies (7)

rene-paulus
Community Member

Hi there, if you follow me that i am a very satisfied ANTHEM RECEIVER OWNER

Michael-B
Community Member

That seems like a decent amp. Was probably your speakers. Most likely will sound a lot different with the 1723’s. Be sure to run room correction if it has it. I have a Marantz Cinema 50 and room correction made a big difference.

George Williams
Community Member

I was using Klipsch 450C as my centre and RP280F as my tower. Not sure why but I was never satisfied with my centre speakers. I am planning to upgrade to the Emotiva XPA series and hope that will help to drive the 1723’s.

Lukas
Customer Support

Hey George. It was definitely not a fault of the Yamaha & Emotiva combo.

Most likely the Center speaker, room acoustics, and its calibration.

George Williams
Community Member

@Lukas, I definitely need to learn about this.

laurence-chan
Community Member

George, you didn’t give any specifics as to what your previous Klipsch setup was, but from 20+ years of Klipsch experience, unless your center channel was a KLF-C7, RC-7 or RC-64 series then Lukas was spot on especially pointing out the center channel and your room.  I also speak from experience when I say an Emotiva XPA series amp and a 1723 Center THX are quite revealing to the source material.  Both are quite neutral in their presentation.  The Arendal Sound speakers are quite superior in every way possible to Klipsch’s home theater speaker offerings period.  Coming from a Klipsch Legend series front stage(KLF-20/KLF-C7) and Klipsch Reference side/back surrounds bookshelf speakers(RB-5), my 1723/1723S series setup is absolutely the best sounding setup I’ve heard from any speaker line up to 3x their price point.  To this day the best sounding speakers I’ve personally heard are made by MBL and if you know anything about their Radialstrahler line, six figures easy to start, which says loads about Arendal Sound and their sound, build and value.  Anyhow, the 1723 Center THX was a huge improvement over my previous Klipsch center channel, KLF-C7, and haven’t at all missed having my Klipsch Legends.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club