Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Bang for Buck AVR Recommendations

Bang for Buck AVR Recommendations

Robin Walker
Community Member

Hey everyone and greetings from Switzerland to the community!

My current setup is a Klipsch RP front stage, two DIY rears paired with a Marantz NR1604 which I got second hand quite a while a go together with the DIY speakers.

I am offering my Klipsch on second hand markets at the time to create room for a complete 5.x 1961 setup with surrounds as rears. My Monolith M12 does not need replacement any time soon ; )

Obviously, my amp is not exactly ready for the power hungry 1961’s, but I’m also not ready to spend the buck to go into external powering with pre outs and all that jazz. Let’s call it a fiscal matter.

I am looking at AVRs like the Denon 2700h or the Yamaha rx-v6a. Mainly because they were recommended to me by people who know more than I do about AVRs.

Now, since you are the experts and have worked with these speakers for far longer than I even know about them, what recommendations can you leave me to make a wise decision? What has enough power, what has the right tools? Second hand recommendations are welcome as well!

Room size is about 3 x 4 meters with a sitting distance of 3.5 meters to the center speaker.

Looking forward to your remarks!

Best wishes,

Robin

PS: I have seen the other thread about AVR choices, but there were some very expensive models in there. So I thought, why not create a thread for the little people as well ; )

PPS: I am using an LG HU810P so as long as I have 4K support from the AVR I’m fine.

All replies (5)

Luis

What price point are you looking to meet?  Less that $1000 US… can you go to $1500 US?  Based on reviews that I’ve read and seen on YouTube, sound and feature wise, the Onkyo RZ50 seems to be the AVR to beat in the $1000 – $2000 range.

Here’s an example review:

I’m using the Marantz Cinema 50 with 1961 towers, center, surrounds and heights… couldn’t be happier.

Robin Walker
Community Member

Hey Luis,

thanks for the recommendation, I wasn’t aware of that model but it seems to do a wonderful job and has plenty of power for my needs! Thank you, I’m glad I convinced myself to ask the community ; )

Best wishes,

Robin

Luis

Great… glad I could help!  If you purchase the Onkyo, please let us know how things work out.

Lukas
Customer Support

If you want to go with Yamaha, start with the Aventage models. RX-A2A or even better A4A. The lower V models do have not the best power output.

Robin Walker
Community Member

Hey Lukas,
thanks for your input! I feel like the Yamahas are on the more expensive side compared to others when it comes to features but I agree with you that the Aventage series sure looks a lot more promising than their mid level amps.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club