1723 1s or 2s

bjoern.friedmann
Community Member

Hi folks,

I’m looking for a new sub and I’m undecided between 1723 1S or 2S. My room setup is not easy and two subs are close to impossible.

In the picture you can see the location of my current sub. It’s a 15″ single woofer and I wonder if the 1S would be sufficient for me and if/or a 2S would improve the sound.

Since the placement is quiet tricky I wonder if a 2S would even work.

Can someone explain how the 2S would improve/change the sound?

Thanks in advance

Björn

Attachments:

All replies (12)

bjoern.friedmann
Community Member

Yes I am happy with the 1S. It’s a fantastic subwoofer which does a very good job. It can be very brutal if needed but it also nicely integrates into the overall setup e.g. when I’m listening to music.

Especially after the break-in time I realized a huge difference.

However I would still be interested in how the 2S outperforms (or not) the 1S in my room or if the sound quality changes significantly.

So far I didn’t have the impression that I need more bass but you never know :-)

Christopher Riebel
Community Member

Thank you for your impressions. Especially music is important to me, if it fits in well without standing out it’s perfect!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club