Homepage / Community / Ideas / 1723 heights ? Are they ever coming ?

1723 heights ? Are they ever coming ?

Corey
Community Member

I’ve been waiting for Arendal to finish the 1723 line by adding heights and as well bookshelves (even though I am not interested in them.) I am someone who likes to keep the same speaker size all around. So using 1723S or 1961 heights wont work. I could use 1723 surrounds if I had a higher ceiling. I always hear the argument when I bring up 1723 heights is no one needs 1723 heights just use 1723S heights. If that is the case then why did Arendal make 1723S heights if people could just use 1961 heights?

I just Arendal would complete their flagship line. 1961 and 1723S both have heights and bookshelves. Why leave the 1723 line without them ?

All replies (8)

laurence-chan
Community Member

Personally now that I have the 1723 Height S speakers, I understand that a 1723 Height(with an 8in driver) would be overkill.  While I also think a 1723 Bookshelf(with an 8in driver) would be overkill, I probably would have opted for this(because I could) over the 1723 Bookshelf S speakers I have, but I am very happy with them and wouldn’t have FOMO if a 1723 Bookshelf were to exist or be offered in the future.

benjamin-hemati
Community Member

I am wondering the same thing – why don’t we get 8 inch versions all around the 1723 product line. I wanted 8 inch bookshelves for the surrounds (without triaxial), but ended up purchasing the 1723 surrounds instead.

Would be cool to hear Arendals take on this. I have been discussing this with their support team, but I never really felt I got a clear answer other than that there wouldn’t be a large difference between the 6.5 and the 8 inch versions for surrounds/heights.

Aarun Sokhal
Community Member

yes any update? ive moved from 1723s to 1723 and 8 inch woofer makes a difference

Aarun Sokhal
Community Member

I think if you want matching woofer, best to just buy 1723 Surround and put them on the ceiling.

The 1723 height would look gigantic. The 1723S height is already sticking out 27cm. I’m assuming the 1723 version would be stricking out 33-35cm… just wont look nice aesthetically.

Jules Jeanselme
Customer Support

The 1723 height would be huge indeed! I’m not aware of any 1723 height, but it could happen in the future.

For using the 1723 surround as heights, it’s a pretty good idea if you use only 2 height speakers. They make a perfect choice, as with the side drivers enabled they will dish up a very involving sound stage that gives all listening positions a better sound compared to our other height speakers.
They should be mounted right and left, as for surround duties, with the full-range drivers pointing to the front and back of the room, with the tweeters facing each other.

For setups with more than two height channels, we recommend using 1723S or 1961 height speakers.

Corey
Community Member

Of course the 1723 heights would be large. That is the whole point. The whole 1723 line are large speakers so I don’t get that excuse. I mean JTR has 10″ for atmos and they are large but you hear no complaints for the people that use them. Out of my price range currently but when I eventually replace my atmos speakers I might just try and grab used 1723 surrounds.

Aarun Sokhal
Community Member

Corey how would you mount them on the ceiling so it looks nice?

Corey
Community Member

Just like this guy did but I would do it length wise instead of sideways like he has it. He is running 4 of them even though they are the 1723 S surround.

Attachments:
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club