All replies (4)

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello George, and happy new year!

If you intend to place the 1723 surrounds on a stand, we highly recommend you do 1 of 2 things:

1: place it up against the wall, that way the side-firing drivers will work as intended, even if it isn’t wall-mounted.

2: If you have to place it away from walls, we recommend disabling the side-firing drivers by removing the jumpers on the back, and only utilizing the bottom connectors. The side-firing drivers need the reflections off the walls to function properly, but if that isn’t possible, using the surround speaker as a normal bookshelf like this, will work the best!

As for what stands to use, you can check out this article: Speaker stands

I hope this helps!

George Williams
Community Member

Hi Kristofer,

Happy new year to you too.

Thank you very much for this information. The speaker is quite heavy I am bit worried to hang it to the wall because my wall is Gipson board.
I understand that I have to loose the jumper and connect the wires to  bottom +/- if its away from the wall.

Thank you

George

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello George,

Yes, the speakers are certainly heavy, and mounting heavy stuff to drywall is always a challenge! If you’re able to find a stud, that would make the mounting more secure, but you should be able to use our included mounts paired with some drywall anchors. If you end up going this route, I would consult with a professional to make sure the anchors and drywall itself is up for the task. If not, placing them on stands will also give you nice results!

chris-lukowski
Community Member

Another option would be to install a 2×4 horizontal brace in between the studs. It involves cutting the wall open but drywall patching doesn’t look TOO difficult.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club