All replies (15)

George Williams
Community Member

Nice setup even though with some limitations in the room.

Michael-B
Community Member

Thanks George, It’s still a work in progress but getting there.

Luis

Nice setup and thanks for sharing!  It’s a journey… enjoy the ride!

Lukas
Customer Support

Really cool setup Michael!

I know this might not be possible, but did you try placing the left and right speakers closer together?
Did it make a positive audible difference? They seem to be placed very far apart.

Michael-B
Community Member

@Lukas Thanks.  The video was done on wide angle, so that might make the room seem bigger than it is. It’s only 14′ x 22′ The speakers are around 9′ left and right from the center speaker. It’s a pretty big soundstage, but room correction was done and it sounds great. I did try it with the speakers closer together, but it changed the entire sound as it was too close to the subwoofer. Keep in mind, when the projector screen comes down the speakers are only bout 6 feet from either side of the screen. Great separation with the height channels above them and integration with the center channel & Subs, and bigger soundstage with the 120′ picture. It’s a pretty good theater experience. In the sweet spot on the couch you really get thumped with the bass. As you can see from the video, the room doesn’t give you a lot of options for speaker placement. In the end, I think Audyssey room correction saved the day.

Lukas
Customer Support

@Michael B

As long as you are happy, and have a good stereo-center image, I have nothing to complain:)

Great choice of system!
really like the wooden floor

arkmann

Looks great! Thanks for sharing enjoy!

Michael-B
Community Member

Thanks guys, It’s a nice space to listen to some music or watch a movie. And next to me on the couch sometimes is the wife giving me the, “Don’t you think it’s kinda loud??” look. The struggle is real ;)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club