Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Small Home Theater – 1723 Monitor S vs 1961

Small Home Theater – 1723 Monitor S vs 1961

Luis

Hello everyone… looking for additional suggestions and help in deciding between the 1723 Monitor S and the 1961 Towers for a small home theater setup.  The room is 10’11” x 15′ 7″ with 10′ ceilings; for the last 2+ years, the room was used as a dedicated 2 channel listening room; I attached a computer render of the room in its current state; plan is to reuse the acoustic panels.  The desk will remain in the room temporarily.

After trading a few emails with Kristoffer from Arendal, we came up with the following options for LCR:

1. 1961 Monitor and 1961 Center
  2. 1961 Towers and 1961 Center
  3. 1961 Towers and 1723s Center
  4. 1723s Monitors and 1723s Center

Regardless of the decision for LCR, he recommended the following speakers to complete the rest of the system:

• 1961 1v (possibly 2)
  • 1961 Surround Speakers (2 pairs – sides and rear)
  • 1961 Height Speakers (1 pair mounted on the ceiling)

I’m leaning towards options 3 and 4 as I’m feel the larger center would provide the most benefit; however, I’m looking for additional suggestions / help from the community.

The 1961 1V has been purchased along with a Marantz Cinema 50 AVR; currently enjoying them within the room.

Attachments:

All replies (41)

Lukas
Customer Support

Hi Luis,

Let me give you my personal opinion on this.

Since the room is not very big I feel going with 1961 Towers and Center is the way to go.
They will look much better (proportions) and cleaner and will fit the room better than the 1723 Series S.

With the excellent position of the 1961 Towers in your room, you can be sure they will perform their best.

I would also not mix the center speakers and go with the matching 1961 Center.
It will blend just a little better and disappear more into the front soundstage. For me, that is more important than a little bit more volume or depth.

With the rest I have nothing to complain:)

Luis

Thanks Lukas… I really appreciate your input!

Luis

Thus far, the 1961 1v subwoofer sounds fantastic within the room and blends very well with the existing system / speakers.

I just placed the order for the 1961 towers, monitor and surrounds… looking forward to hearing these in my room.

Lukas
Customer Support

That’s awesome. Have fun listening:)

Luis

Thanks again Lukas!   The speakers arrived today… can’t wait to unbox and set them up within the room!  Let the fun begin!!

Attachments:
Lukas
Customer Support

That is great. Take your time, let them run in for about 50 hours, but most of all enjoy:)

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Looking forward to your impressions on them!

Luis

Thomas and Lucas… I just passed 50hrs on the speakers, so next step is to run Audyssey and enjoy!  I’ll post my comments in a few days…

Lukas
Customer Support

Sounds great Luis. Have fun listening!

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

I’m really curious to hear your thoughts on the system! Have fun, and don’t hesitate with contacting us if you have any questions.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club