Homepage / Community / Hangout / My Home Theater

My Home Theater

Michael-B
Community Member

Hey community, this is my attempt at turning an ordinary living room into a home theater. It would be nice if I had a dedicated space that I could go to town with, but I have to make do with the living room I have, and it also has to be the all important wife friendly.

As you can see, the room has quite a bit of sonic holes, but I think room correction did a pretty good job addressing it. It’s a pretty great space to enjoy a movie and music.

Here’s a video I just made. I’d be interested to see videos of your home theater set ups.

All replies (6)

arkmann

Michael thanks for sharing.  Looks like a great HT setup especially the drop down screen and projector for movie nights.  See the LFC Arendal speakers.  Do you have rear speakers too?  You Should have plenty of bass with the 2 SVS subs.  I don’t have a HT setup.  Have a 2 channel setup with 1723 towers and 2 SVS SB1000 Pros.  Enjoy!

Deyan
Community Member

That centre speaker is huuuge. I also have the feeling that I have seen your room before.

Regarding the height speakers in a setup, where speakers cannot be placed in the ceiling as recommended by Dolby for Atmos, it would be helpful to hear about the experience with front height speakers in movies. If you could kindly share any insights or findings on how well they perform in creating an immersive soundstage, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Michael-B
Community Member

@Deyan the center is pretty big, I made sure to measure everything to make sure the large screen didn’t hit it when it came down. It just clears it. Seeing how 80% or so of the surround sound track is for the center channel, I feel great making the 1723 Center purchase. $1,250 for a center channel makes my head spin, but it sounds amazing when watching movies.

Michael-B
Community Member

@Arkmann I do have rear & height speakers. Running a 5.2.4 Surround. JBL CS 6100 SATELLITES (Almost $400 a pair back in the day) for the 4 Height/Atmos speakers and Boston Acoustic CR-65 speakers for the rear surround. I know people will say those won’t cut it when I have the Arendal 1723 S Towers and the regular 1723 Center channel, but given how much (or how little) sound actually goes to the height channels, the JBL and Boston Acoustic sound really good and hard to rationalize spending a ton more money. I can tell when the height speakers are getting sound in certain scenes, and it really does add a nice aspect to the soundstage in movies. I’m about ready to pull the trigger on a $1,500 4 ohm 490 watt 3 channel Emotiva Amp for the LCR before I spend $1 more for height speakers

arkmann

Michael thanks for the clarification.  No experience with either amp.  Positive reviews and feedback on Emotiva.  See and hear less about Outlaw.  Be interested in your feedback once you decide.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club