Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Arendal 1723 Towers best amplifier

Arendal 1723 Towers best amplifier

Paul Heraucourt
Community Member

I’m currently using an Yamaha RN-1000A, it sounds great, has a lot of functions, but overall I’m not really happy with it. I cant really customize anything, like frequency etc. YPAO sounds bad, the rest is okay.. And it just has so many ports for other stuff that i won’t use.

I got that amp really cheap, so i wont make a huge lost when reselling it, what im looking for is an amp that is foccusing on the sound.. of course there a things that the amp should have for example: AirPlay2.

What I also heard, is that tube amps are a good combo, a youtuber recommended this amp: Vincent SV-237MKII. But of course, I never know if this is only a promotion or a real statement.. I also heard an hegel from a friend and was really impressed by it.

Currently, I have these two in mind: Hegel H190 (can do airplay), Vincent SV-237MKII Not many i know, but its always hard to find the right amp..

My Budget: 2000€ maybe more, my room: small

All replies (3)

arkmann

Suggest making a list of anything else it needs to have beyond Airplay2 and budget, for example will you be connecting any other sources now or in the future like a CD player and/or turntable.  The Hegel is a good choice IMO.  It Has what you said you need and has a quality DAC and plenty of power to drive the towers.  Neutral sound which matches well with the towers.  Assume you like the look too which is important to me.  Equipment needs to sound great and look cool which is very subjective.  Let us know what you decide.

Paul Heraucourt
Community Member

I mean I wanna have it simple, of course there are things that are nice to have, like Airplay2 HDMI ARC Connection for an seperate DAC.

But I only wanna connect my speakers, nothing more, no cd player or anything else. Just a pure stereo receiver that is focusing on sound, and not connections.

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello Paul,

What amp to choose is really down to personal preference. Both the ones you suggest are very capable! Personally, I don’t think I would get an amp without room correction or bass management. No room is perfect, but with room correction, you will have the option to correct some of the shortcomings of the room. If you’re looking for an integrated amp, some brands to check out: Lyngdorf, Anthem, and NAD to mention a few. Again; Just because I prefer room correction, doesn’t mean you need to.

Before you replace your Yamaha: I’m using an RX-A2060 receiver, so I’m not entirely sure what settings are available to you, but if these are available, make sure they are disabled: Enhancer and Adaptive DRC. Enhancer is meant to upscale low-bitrate audio, but it basically just removes any bass detail that might have been present in the track. Adaptive DRC can help at lower levels, but I’ve found that it can fall apart and cause distortion at louder levels.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club