Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Do the 1723 1V & 2V subwoofers sound the same at identical volumes?

Do the 1723 1V & 2V subwoofers sound the same at identical volumes?

chris-lukowski
Community Member

Let’s say I had a 1723 1V and a 2V at identical positions at the same volume (say, 90dB). Are they going to be more or less indistinguishable? I’m trying to determine if the only reason to opt for a 2V is if the 1V’s SPL output at max volume just isn’t loud enough, or if there is an audible or tactile difference in the sound even at lower volumes. (And if so, is the difference worth the extra $1,000 USD?)

All replies (1)

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Hi Chris,

I guess most people will assume they will sound the same, but I will tell you otherwise. If you have just a single subwoofer placed in for example a front corner, then you will certainly have benefits from the 2V’s dual woofer configuration. It triggers both sidewalls in a way that serves to “trick” your brain into hearing subs from both corners. Psychoacoustics is a really interesting subject. By adding a 1V in that same corner you will be able to distinguish the sounds coming from that corner specifically. Crossover frequency will also play its role in how evident this is, but personally, I am very sensitive to these things and would much rather spend the extra money on a 2V to even the pressure out on both my ears. Or just add 2 woofers, one in each corner, or co-located.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club