All replies (9)

I have not been able to hear any difference when changing out the plates.

Maybe it can be measured, but heard?

Luis

Same here, I didn’t notice any sound improvements…

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

I’ve heard no difference myself, and since the plates are made from solid copper coated with rhodium, it kind of makes sense as well.

laurence-chan
Community Member

If any difference could possibly be heard, wouldn’t you need to use the same speaker wire that was used from the power amplifier to the speaker to remain electrically consistent ?  Even then, is the difference even audible? …measurable?  Why not just go through with replacing the jumper plates with speaker wire as this is a really inexpensive procedure and decide for yourself?

kurt-de-keersmaecker
Community Member

That’s right. I heard it too and was wondering what DIY jumer cables he uses instead. Can’t think of anything that can be improved but hey I’m not an expert.

Lukas
Customer Support

As far as I know, he just used jumpers made from normal copper wire with plugs terminated.
Some companies offer this as a kit. Something like this Supra Cable for example.

Luis

I’ve been using Canare 4S11 speaker cables for my LCR for close to a decade now.  It’s a 4 conductor cable and I have tried them in various configurations, bi-wire, bi-amp, combined conductors into 2 on both ends of the cable to create a thicker gauge cable and I could not hear any differences between the way they were connected.  With my previous speakers, I made short jumpers with extra 4S11 cable that I had on hand… why?  It simply looked better.

Canare 4S11 Jumper

Attachments:
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club