Janne Jääskeläinen
Community Member

Hello,

Here is my current stereo setup:

Kef R7

Arendal 1723 1s

Mytek Brooklyn Dac Plus Pre/Dac

Hattor Audio class D power amps

1723 1s gives accurate, fast and powerful bass, and it blends in great with the main speakers. App is also very useful when adjusting the sub.

My listening room needs some room treatment (bass traps) for the 40hz range, as you can see from the picture.

I wonder how would 1723 or 1723s towers sound compared to Kef R7’s 🤔😁

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

All replies (3)

Lukas
Customer Support

Hi Janne,

Great system you have there. You can try to EQ the bass bump with the internal PEQ of the subwoofer. Should do the trick. Absorbing 40Hz takes a lot of volume.

The KEF R7 are great speakers. Very well-balanced.
Our Tower speakers will have more detail, extension, dynamics, and speed if you will. Without ever being fatiguing. SPL capabilities are also on another level. It is a different presentation.

The KEF is more laid back if that is something you like. I always missed the snap and attack from the R series.

Thomas Gunvaldsen
Customer Support

Looks great!

Just a tip when you are already doing REW measurements is to use the EQ function and set it to generic filter. You can then easily get out data to enter into the PEQ section of the subwoofer to get it performing even better.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club