Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Suggestions for in wall speakers for surrounds due to space constraints

Suggestions for in wall speakers for surrounds due to space constraints

Jayant Reddy
Community Member

Hi,

I currently have 1961 towers and center speaker and I am interested in completing a 7.2 channel system in my home theater. Due to space constraints, I cannot use the standard Arendal surround speakers in my room and will need to go with in wall speakers. I know this is not ideal (mixing and matching different brands) but does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the most appropriate in wall speakers I can use with 1961 LCR (or 1723 LCR for that matter as I might upgrade). Thanks.

All replies (4)

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Hello Jayant, Thank you for your question!

Sometimes, there unfortunately isn’t enough space for our speakers all the way around, and in-wall speakers are a nice alternative. Our speakers are very neutral, so getting an in-wall that has the same goal will most likely get you a long way. Brands we’ve seen work nicely are Sonance and Triad in-wall speakers.

Fsm1th5
Community Member

I’m going to suggest that you find a way to accommodate for a normal size speaker.

If I can have a regular bookshelf speaker in a single bedroom, how do other people claim they don’t have space?

I tried this approach before and the results were not very good. Sure space saving is a nice to have thing but if its going to result in consequences in the audio experience then it’s just not worth doing.

I hope you can make an attempt of fitting rather than the I can’t excuse without any serious attempts.

arkmann

Jayant I purchased a pair of Sonance architectural speakers and placed in the walls of my main bath.  Didn’t have the room on the wall as you noted.  Wired to the Sonos amp that’s mounted on the wall in the closet behind the wall.  They are a perfect match.  Got the pair on sale on eBay and they sound great.  Painted the grills to match the walls so they blend as well as can be expected.  I understand you’re not running a Sonos system but the speakers will work with another amp or AVR.

Sam Mallabar
Community Member

I use RSL C34E II for in ceiling, atmos channels.
I’m really very happy with them. They match incredibly well with Arendal 1961 IMO, and if you review the anechoic frequency response that RSL has in their literature, they read just about as good as the Arendal 1961’s!
I couldn’t recommend them more, check them out!

– Sam

My Setup:
L/C/R: 1961 [towers and center]
Surround [side]: 1961 bookshelf
Atmos [2ch, top front + top rear]: RSL C34E II
Subs [x2]: 1961 1s
Processor: AVM70
Power [front stage]: Emotiva BasX A3
Power [surround + atmos]: Emotiva BasX A6
Cabinet: BDI

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club