Homepage / Community / Hangout / Whats your master volume

Whats your master volume

Hi.

The room, acoustic etc plays a big part in this i know. But this is a fun and interesting question.

Whats your Arendal sub master volume on the sub?

are you a bas maniac or a fine tuned bas guy?

do you have different sub master volumes on movies then music?

cheers //

All replies (6)

Fernando Ayllón
Community Member

I can tell you about my case. I run 2x1961s through a miniDSP and had to go all the way to 15 (out 16 I believe) to match Audyssey requirements and keep trim levels IN THE AVR at reasonable levels. I did also bump up a few units in the miniDSP as well to meet Audyssey.

Then I have a +3db after Audyssey and an edited curved in the app of +6-7db…

Very interesting, I don’t use audyssey anymore.
I have one 1961 sub 1v and the master volume on the sub is on -6.

sounds perfect when listening to both music and movies.

I think my next move will be a second Arendal sub :)

Kristoffer Svendsen
Customer Support

Interesting question, Jimmy!

I have a pair of 1961 monitors and a 1723 sub 1v in my living room powered by a Yamaha RX-A2060, and I usually don’t listen very loud. For normal TV viewing, we’re usually at about -35dB. For movies, we usually hover at around -30dB to -25dB. When I really want to crank my music, I usually go to -15dB, but since I have a downstairs neighbor, I can’t really go that loud. It’s plenty loud for me, but if I had a dedicated space, I’d definitely go louder ;)

Interesting kristoffer, if we talk about volume on the receiver i can’t play that loud I’m around -55 to -60 for movies and music -40db on the Marantz display

Fernando Ayllón
Community Member

Master volume on the receiver is a completely different topic. In my room, which is small and heavily treated, around -20dB( ±3) for movies (dynamic range compression OFF). If I have to activate DRC, it is hard to go below -35dB for movies.

For music it varies on the source but something around -30dB for stereo and -25dB for multichannel.

Sorry said my master volume on the receiver wrong I have setup my reciever the other way around. In your setting I’m around -25-35 too isch

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club