Homepage / Community / Technical questions / Wireless subwoofer integration

Wireless subwoofer integration

carlos-rafael-belizon-ibanez
Community Member

Hi,

I’m planning on running a 5.1.4 (at some point the .4) and I was wondering if anyone has experience with any kind of WiFi audio transmission as the one that svs sells for basically connecting wirelessly the subwoofer (and maybe the rears with obviously an stereo amplifier).

The product that I’m taking about is this one:

https://www.supersonido.es/p/svs-soundpath-tri-band-wireless

Thanks!

All replies (7)

arkmann

I have seen the Same positive feedback in doing my research.  I have 2 SVS SB1000 Pros but I’m using RCA cables to connect the subs to my preamp instead of buying the extra equipment to connect using their Wi-Fi option.

Luis

Hey Carlos… simply curious, what’s the distance between the AVR and sub?  Although I’ve never tried going the wireless route, I’ve heard good things about the SVS kit.

carlos-rafael-belizon-ibanez
Community Member

On straight line, like 3.5 meters, if the cable would be guided through the walls like 7/8 meters

arkmann

Carlos understand your need for wireless instead of snaking a cable through the wall.  With SVS no-risk try at home policy suggest trying and hopefully it meets your needs.  Their customer service is excellent including their tech support.  Please let us know what you decide to do.

Luis

Personally, I would run a cable; however, I understand the simplicity behind a wireless connection.  I agree with @Arkmann… SVS has a great return policy, so you can try it first and if you run into issues, run a cable.

arkmann

FYI I’m Running speaker cables in the walls for in wall speakers in my master bath.  If I had the option for great sounding wireless I would.  Makes me better appreciate your decision.  Good luck!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club