Homepage / Community / Showroom / 1723 1S subwoofer intregation and eq with REW and DIRAC

1723 1S subwoofer intregation and eq with REW and DIRAC

I recently purchased a Denon X3800H AVR (upgraded form a X1700H) and bought the full DIRAC live and Bass Control bundle that was just introduced in hopes of dialing all my speakers in better (the thinking being that better integrated speakers and subs will do much better than just more power or speakers)

DIRAC live using a UMIK-1 seemed to do wonders for my bed layer speakers. Especially as I no longer feel like my left channel is overwhelming due to close proximity to a side wall, audussey xt was unable to correct this, the full DIRAC software was (well I perceive it as such)

My subwoofer however still has some work to be done it seems.
I appear to have two mega dips at 34.7Hz and 80.6Hz. DIRAC did clean it up outside of that region, but I appear to have almost 20dB drop at those two frequencies.

I used two bands in the parametric eq to help out, but 3dB and a Q of 10, well it helped but that still leaves 17+dB of a mega dip at those two frequencies.

Any suggestions for how I go about trying to tame my problem frequencies, this is just a single sub setup, so I don’t have a second sub creating nulls.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

All replies (1)

Lukas
Customer Support

Hey Joachim,

Try moving the subwoofer and checking if the dips move. It could be a position issue.
Are those dips audible when running a sweep?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club