1723 Towers

Prajwol
Community Member

I’m switching over to 1723 towers.

I will get the 1723 center channel soon. I believe XPA-3 Gen3 should be enough for the 1723 LCR.

I have Outlaw 5000x, do you think it should be enough for 1723 surrounds (surround and surround backs)?

Thanks,

Prajwol

All replies (8)

Prajwol. i have the XPA-3 as well and they are plentiful for the system and the Outlaw amp will be great to the surrounds as they will open the system a lot more.

Keith Luken
Community Member

I am looking at 1723 Towers and center with 1961 surrounds and have a Monolith 9X and knowing true 1823 likes power I assume 200w is enough, but is 100w enough for the 1961 surrounds.

It should have plenty of power for the 1961 surrounds.

Hans Erik Sæbø
Super Hero

I’m planning to use Emotiva XPA-DR3 for my lcr. Hope arendal speakers like emotiva amps:)

They will like the amps I used to own the XPA-3 for my three fronts. I own the crown XLi 1500 and have them bridged to the LR’s and the XLi 2500 to the center amazing output with very low noise floor.

Roman Tissera
Community Member

Are you planning to only do a 5.2 setup?

Prajwol
Community Member

I eventually got 7.1.4 system for my home theater. Great upgrade from my older Klipsch setup.

My current setup – L  and R Arendal 1723 Tower THX and 1723 Center THX -> powered by XPA-3

L / R and LB and RB – 1723 Surround THX – powered by Outllaw 5000x

The 4 1723s heights -> powered by internal AVR amp – Denon X3700H (after changing the impedence on the AVR to 4 Ohms – I thought that wouldn’t work, but works without issues for the heights)

I have SVS PB16 for the subwoofer.

Later, I added my older Klipsch 12 inches subwoofers (stacked 1 on top of the other) – may not be the best subwoofer setup mixing them but sounds good to my ears and rumbles my seats!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club