Homepage / Community / Technical questions / 1961 Surrounds or Bookshelves

1961 Surrounds or Bookshelves

Andrew Littlefield
Community Member

I am getting ready to replace my current 20 yr old Jmo speakers with 1961 Arendals.  The question is do I use the Surrounds or Bookshelves for my surround speakers?  You can see from the picture that my current surrounds are mounted on wall and near the rear wall of the room.  I can move them a bit further off the back wall while still being slightly behind the sitting position but not by more than maybe 6 inches.

In this situation which is better – Surrounds or Bookshelves?

Attachments:

All replies (22)

Andrew Littlefield
Community Member

Just checked and a 1961 monitor popped up in the Outlet so I was able to place my order

Luis

Awesome… once things arrive and you have time to set them up, let us know how they work out for you!

Andrew Littlefield
Community Member

I will.  Of course I forgot to order two sets of wall mounts.  I emailed sales so hopefully they will be able to adjust my order as ordering just them comes with $40 shipping

Andrew Littlefield
Community Member

Speakers arrived today.  Sales gave me a coupon to cover shipping on the wall mounts but they are coming from Norway so it may be a few days before I actually get the speakers setup.

Attachments:
Luis

The anticipation would kill me… I couldn’t keep them boxed up waiting for a bracket.  :)  Keep us posted….

Andrew Littlefield
Community Member

I couldn’t wait.  I don’t even have a tracking number on the mounts yet.  So I went an ordered a pair off of Amazon that will be here today.  I will use the Arendal ones when I add height speakers to wall / ceiling later this year.

Luis

Ah, I misread your post, I thought it was already on it’s way.  I have an extra pair of 1961 brackets that I’m not using, but there’s no facility to send you a message through the community, so I didn’t want to post personal info here.  Hope the Amazon brackets works out… don’t forget to share pictures and opinions, good or bad.  Curious as to your thoughts…

Andrew Littlefield
Community Member

I ordered them early Monday morning so I thought that they would be on the way by now but no such luck

Andrew Littlefield
Community Member

Speakers installed and Dirac run.

I wish the book on the subwoofer had explained all of its settings.

Attachments:
Luis

How do they sound?   What’s your opinion thus far?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exciting News! We’ve transformed our Community into the exclusive Arendal Sound Club! Dive into a more engaging way to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts and enjoy special, members-only benefits. Best of all, you can continue using your existing credentials. Visit Club