Homepage / Community / Technical questions / What atmos ceiling speakers go with 1723?

What atmos ceiling speakers go with 1723?

brian.ciccarelli
Community Member

Hello All,

New to Arendal and I am looking at purchasing the 1723 Monitors for LCR.  Regarding Atmos, I am wondering what ceiling speakers would match up best. My theater is set up in the main living room and I think the ceiling speakers would work best for aesthetics and my wife. The website suggests Sonance and triad would match up well if you need a ceiling speaker. Anyone using these and if so what level or model (Gold, silver etc…) of these brands match up well? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

All replies (4)

Chris Lukowski
Community Member

Bumping this. Short of a new in-ceiling product from Arendal I don’t think the existing heights are going to work with how I want to set my Atmos speakers up. What in-ceiling brands do you feel blend the best with Arendal’s tonality? People seem generally happy with in-ceiling options from Klipsch, RSL, Revel, Focal, Martin Logan, and Polk. Polk and RSL seem to be the only ones with soft dome tweeters which I assume would make for a closer sonic match to the 1723s, assuming that’s even important. What I do want is for the Atmos effects to be noticeable and attention grabbing if that is the sound mix’s desired effect.

brian.ciccarelli
Community Member

Chris,

I ended up going with the Revel 783 ceiling and in walls as they offer a neutral sound. Unfortunately, I will need to wait until the end of summer to install as we are in the middle of a renovation. Tons of praise for the Revel brand. I originally planned on the triad 9sat however my trusses were too short to fit the speaker. Arendal also recommends the triad brand. If I had a dedicated theater room I would have completed my system with Arendal but the wife prefers in walls/ceilings.

Luis Vazquez

I’ve seen people recess bookshelves into the ceiling and cover them with a custom grill; some folks create a backer box for regular in ceiling, so it would be the same concept.  Personally I would use the Arendal height speakers mounted to the ceiling; however, if it’s not a dedicated space or you wish to hide them, then I would try recess them.

I’m not a fan of the Klipsch sound, so if you don’t want to mount them on the ceiling or recess Arendal’s current offerings, then I would go with the RSL; however, you may need to build a backer box for them.

C34E MKII In-Ceiling Speaker

Sam Mallabar
Community Member

I have those RSL C34E II’s – I am very pleased with them.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.